All Guys Travel Packing List
Posted on June 02 2016
A guest blog by Peter Minkoff.
If you are at least half as thrilled as we are about the summer’s arrival, then you must have already started to think about your vacation. Planning a vacation is exciting, with all that exploring of potential destinations, viewing the offers and daydreaming about your adventure. Then comes the packing, and suddenly the smile is wiped of off your face. You wish that you can just delegate that chore to someone else and stop thinking about it. Since that is not going to happen, we have decided to give you a hand with this helpful list that is going to make you breeze through your packing.
Start with Fashion
Clothes are always the first things you put inside your suitcase, so let us start there. Before you start choosing the items you will wear, you need to consider the fabrics. Choose them depending on the season of the year. For instance, wool is perfect for winter, while linen is ideal for summer. Also, the clothes and footwear you are carrying need to be versatile in order to save some suitcase space. Here is a check list:
- A leisure shorts,
- Board shorts,
- Single button blazer,
- Jeans jacket,
- Casual grid shirt,
- Casual dress shirt,
- Plaid shirt,
- Solid color t-shirt,
- White t-shirt,
- Shawl collar cardigan,
- Knitted button-down sweater,
- Low canvas shoes,
- Boat shoes.
Bags and Accessories
It is always the last thing you remember, but it can be the most important one. There can be no travel at all if you do not have them (well at least bags, we’ll mention the accessories later). Unless you thought about going on some sort of pilgrimage, you will need a trustworthy and functional luggage. Let us see what else is there:
- Carry-on (if you have a canvas carry-on, you can use it as a beach bag after),
- Suitcase (we have already mentioned it),
- Man bag (for daily walks, sometimes your shorts will be pocket-free),
- A wrist watch (with leather belts for fall/winter vacation, canvas for spring/summer),
- A belt (same goes for material as for the previous mention),
- Sunglasses (aviator-inspired shape is always trendy).
- A knitted beanie (for chilly nights).
Hygiene and Cosmetics
When packing hygiene and grooming products, you have three options: pack the products you usually use, find a smaller travel-size version of them or buy new travel-size versions upon arrival and throw them away before heading home (that way you can maximize the space in your suitcase). Nevertheless, you will need the following things.
- Shaving foam/gel,
- Toothbrush + toothpaste,
- Electric razor,
- Additional grooming products if you use them (e.g. beard oil).
Tech and Gadgets
It would be foolish to go on vacation and not to take your favorite toys with you. So, here are some must-haves.
- Portable charger,
- DSLR camera (if your phone does not have a good in-built camera, the best way to capture the loveliness of your destination is via a decent – it does not have to be pro – DSLR camera),
- Electronic plug converter,
iPod or Mp3 player for when you cannot recharge your phone battery.
And once you are done with all of this, it is time to move on to the things you would have definitely forgot if you do not have them written down somewhere.
- Documents (not just passport, but also copies and vaccination certificates if there is a need, driver license, etc.),
- Credit cards and cash,
- Medications (anti allergy pills, nausea pills, etc.),
- A copy of your prescriptions if you have them,
- A book for in flight or on the beach reading, etc.
Packing seems a whole lot easier now, right? It is almost like someone else has done it for you.